First Time in Paris
First Time in Paris : Don’t worry, Be happy ! You will be safe from tourists traps. You will get all the information, advices and tips you need, with accuracy and transparency, with the ongoing assistance of PARIS BY EMY, Paris based.
Get a Travel Insurance in case of
When you are traveling, think strongly about purchasing travel insurance. PARIS BY EMY has its own insurance to cover its services of conciergeire and private tour guide. However, you may add your own travel insurance to cover your trip from A to Z. Like a smart travel companion, it protects you against :
- Overseas emergency medical assistance
- Medical expenses occuring if you get sick or hurt on your trip
- Loss or theft of luggage and personal belongings
- Loss of cash or travel documents
- Travel delay expenses
- Cancellation fees
- Unused and nonrefundable trip costs (hotel, airfare expenses…)
Travelers have seen different events that have affected their possibility and desire to travel. Some of these events are terrorist activities, natural disaster, civil wars,… and some of these events are personal. If you are concerned by events that could make you to cancel your trip, you may look for a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) option. With this option, you will not have to meet the requirements of a specific trip cancellation trigger. Indeed, you can cancel your trip for any reason. The Cancel for Any Reason benefit requires you to insure 100 percent of your nonrefundable trip expenses. Note that you receive a stated percentage of your nonrefundable trip cost when you cancel according to your contract, from 50 to 100%. There are some recommendations of Travel Insurance Companies :
No partners, vendors have signed a contractual agreement with PARIS BY EMY. These insurance companies are simply here to give you insight about covering your Paris trip and be in serenity.
Things to know for your First time in Paris
As in the other countries of the European Union, the euro is the official currency of France. Credit card and cash are accepted everywhere. You can withdraw cash from vending machines everywhere. Currency exchange offices are down town Paris and at airports. Tips are not mandatory but you can always leave a tip between 10 and 20%.
Climate in Paris
Climate in Paris has very marked seasons, between rather cold winters and hot summers. The climate of Paris is of oceanic type: the oceanic influence is much more important than the continental influence. In France, the temperature is measured in degrees Celsius (° C).
In France, the shops generally open from 9:30 to 10:00 to 19:00 or 19:30. In Paris, food shops can stay open later, until midnight. Nocturnal openings are planned in the most lively districts, as on the Champs-Elysées, Pigalle, Saint Germain, Le Marais, Bastille, … Department stores (Printemps Haussmann, Galeries Lafayette, Bon Marché …) are open from 9.30am or 10am to 8pm or 8.30pm (until 8.45pm some evenings). Some shops open on Sundays.
Electricity in France operates on 220 Volts, 50 Hertz AC. The sockets are type E (round pin and receptacle with male ground pin). If you bring electrical appliances from abroad, you may need an adapter for the outlets. You may also need a transformer (110V-220V). If in doubt, check with the manufacturer.
Lengths & Masses
The metric system is used everywhere in France, so there is a help for your distance conversions :
- 1 kilometer (km) = 1000 meters (m) = 100,000 centimeters (cm)
- 1 inch = 1 inch (in) = 2.54 centimeters
- 1 foot = 1 foot (ft) = 0.3048 meters
- 1 yard (yd) = 0.9144 meters
- 1 mile (mi) = 1.6093 kilometers
- 1 kilometer = 0.6214 miles
- 1 nautical mile = 1 nautical mile (in) = 1.852 kilometers
- 1 ounce = 1 ounce (oz) = 28.3495 grams.
- 1 pound (UK) = 1 pound (lb) = 0.4536 kilogram
Whatever would be your fears, PARIS BY EMY find answers & solutions for your first time in Paris
You may visit the official website for visa application to France. Planning a holiday, a business trip or any other projects in France, this website provides you information on how to do each step for your visa application process.
- You may not need a visa depending on the country your passport is issued.
- Nevertheless, you must be able to show some documents when you are controlled at the border.
- Please, note that some member states may require a visa if you are planning to exercise a remunerated activity.
The following supporting documents must be presented at the request of the Border Police upon your arrival in France:
- A valid passport issued less than 10 years before and valid for at least 3 months after the envisaged departure date;
- A valid visa, if required;
- Proof of accommodation covering the whole duration of the stay (hotel reservation and/or certificate of staying with a relative validated in the town hall);
- Sufficient financial means. The means of subsistence shall be assessed according to the duration and purpose of the stay and by reference to the average prices for accommodation and food in the Member States;
- Your return ticket or the financial means to acquire one at the envisaged return date;
- Any document providing details on the profession or the capacity of the traveller as well as on the establishments or organisations located in France which are expecting you, if you are on a professional trip.
For travellers in transit, you must be able to present proof of satisfying the entry conditions in the final destination country (conditions of stay and accommodation during transit, continuation ticket and visa for the destination country).
At the borders of France, and in railway stations and airports, there are two separate customs passages, depending on the nature and quantity of your goods: the “green” filter where you have nothing to declare and the filter “red” to declare your goods.
Both on arrival and on departure from France, you must values over € 10,000 (or the equivalent in foreign currency) that you carry with you. This declaration is free and can be done online at the customs service.
Be in serenity for your First Time in Paris
- Emy, living in Paris for more than a decade, is an expert of Paris and she is French
- She is fluent in English with 5 years’ experience in the United States, parlez-vous français ? 😉
- She has travelled many corners of the world, such as Europe, Africa, North America & the Middle East
Like a wedding planner, PARIS BY EMY is dedicated to planning custom made Paris Tours with Private Tour Guide and Private Personalized Services in the light of your aspirations • Feel Paris heartbeat • Bask in serenity for your trip • Get off the beaten path • Be understood and cosseted • Optimize your time and budget • Enjoy an authentic insight into French culture via personalized tours, a delightful trip to enhance your enjoyment of Paris.
First Time in Paris – France
Enjoy private tours guide within Paris, around and outside Paris. You may discover the French culture in different parts of France. Ask for a private tour with a private driver in Normandy, the region of Champagne, Burgundy, Van Gogh’s beloved Auvers-sur-Oise picturesque town, Claude Monet’s Giverny House & Gardens and the waterlilies, Loire valley with its castle Chambord out of the ordinary…
A private driver only, private guide AND a private driver, licensed private guide AND a private driver, many possibilities are offered to you according to your budget with a custom made itinerary just made for you :