Tips for your first visit
Paris Metro Tips : Le Métro or le Métropolitain is a rapid transit system in the Paris Metropolitan Area. It is mostly underground and 214 kilometres (133 miles) long. It has 303 stations, 16 lines. Châtelet – Les Halles is the world’s largest subway station. In 2016, it has been ranked as the best public transport system in the world by the The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP). The first line opened without ceremony on 19 July 1900, during the World’s Fair.
COVID19 alert - Paris travel advisory and news
|COVID-19 alert - Please, for more details and breaking news click on Paris Travel Warnings and follow us on|
Paris itinerary, hotel, restaurant, guide, driver & more
|PARIS BY EMY||We set your trip like a wedding planner|
|Custom made Paris traveler package||From 400 Euros including taxe fully customizable|
|Tailor made private tour guide||From 170 Euros including taxe according to your aspirations|
|Cost Paris trip including airfare, hotel, food and drink||Estimation of 2,500 Euros per person for one week|
Like a wedding planner, PARIS BY EMY is dedicated to planning tailor-made Paris Tours with personalized itinirary, Private Tour Guide and Private Personalized Services in the light of your aspirations and your budget.
Paris Metro, itineries to visit Paris
Thanks to the Metro, you get around in a very easy way within and around Paris. When you want to reach a point from another, such as from your hotel to a landmark, a museum, etc, the first thing you need to do is to look for the subway station the nearest to your depart point and your arrival point.
Most of the time, you find it on the website of the place/point in “Directions” or “Access”. It gives you the métro station and the line but also the bus and RER.
Once you get this information, you go on the RATP official website, the website of the Paris métro. Moreover, you can upload the RATP application on your smartphone.
- On “where to go” page, you enter from… to… and push on “let’s go” button.
- There you are, you have your itinery, with details in terms of directions and timing.
- On this website and application, you have maps of Paris Metro but also of RER, bus and tramways.
Paris Metro and train, how does it work ?
- Weekdays, the Paris Metro operates from 5:30 a.m. to about 1:15 a.m.
- On Friday and Saturday evenings, Paris metro runs until about 2:15 a.m.
- The RER operates daily from 5:30 a.m. to about 1:20 a.m.
- Our vast bus network allows you to travel throughout the French capital and the Ile-de-France region.
- When the metro is closed at night, the Noctilien night bus network takes over.
- Night buses operate from 0:30 a.m. to about 5:30 a.m.
Paris Airport tranfers by Public Transport
- Roissybus connects Paris (Opéra) to the Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle airport (CDG) and runs from 5:15 a.m. to 0:30 a.m. Buses depart every 15 to 20 minutes and the trip takes about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Airport Roissy-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to/from central Paris, is the train line RER B at a cost of around 11€, one way, requiring 40 minutes at least
- Orlybus connects Paris (Denfert-Rochereau) to the Orly airport (ORY) and runs from 5:35 a.m. to about midnight. Buses depart roughly every 8 to 15 minutes and the trip takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Orlyval connects the Anthony RER B station and the Orly airport (ORY) and runs from 6 a.m. to 23:35 p.m. Trains depart roughly every 4 to 7 minutes and the trip takes about 8 minutes. From Antony to downtown Paris, use RER trains B5 or B3 heading towards Mitry-Claye or Aéroport Charles de Gaulle
- A shuttle “GO C Paris” connects Orly Airport to the RER C train at Pont de Rungis – Aéroport d’Orly to reach Paris
- Tramway 7 – T7 connects the Villejuif-Louis Aragon (metro 7, the future Athis-Mons exchanges bus / tram Athis – Mons) via Orly airport to get into Paris
Paris Visite Travel Pass, great advantages for a visit
There are benefits and advantages of a Paris Visite Travel Pass :
- The Paris Visite pass allows you to use all of the public transport : Paris Metro, tramway, bus, RER and SNCF Transilien.
- Valid for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days, the pass allows you to travel anywhere in Paris (zone 1 to 3)
- Or in Paris and the Île-de-France (zone 1 to 5) including airport connections, Orlyval, Disneyland and Versailles.
- Paris Visite also gives you special offers from our partners (Galeries Lafayette, Musée Grévin, …)
I would advise you to choose a pass for 5 days (65,80 Euros per adult and 32,90 Euros per child), if you stay one week, with unlimited trips covering all zones, from 1 to 5.
For your Paris Visite travel pass to be valid, you must write your first and last name on the travel pass, along with the starting and ending dates of validity. The travel pass is activated the first time you validate it.
The price of a single basic ticket for one simple trip within Paris, one way is 1,90 Euros. Back and forth, it will cost you 3,80 Euros for one single round trip only within Paris, with basic Paris Metro ticket. A ticket is more expensive per unit if you go outside Paris.
Paris Metro, where to buy tickets & passes
For your convenience, lots of points of sales, RATP counters, are available in Paris Metro station, in train station, airport, to answer your questions and to provide you information regarding tickets, travel passes, and after sales services. RATP counters staff is there to help you. Moreover, you have automatic counters/vending machines where you can pay by credit card or Euros cash.
In every counter, RATP staff can give you paper maps, from all size, large map, medium map and pocket size map, for free. Do not hesitate to ask for one. They are very useful when you travel.
Another hint, ask for the Navigo pass, one week, best deal for travelling in Paris 😉
Luggage Storage Paris
You would like to enjoy your last day of Paris without caring your luggages and without having to go back to the place you left them. Eelway has done their best to give you different ways to store your baggages in Paris with its luggage concierge service.
Eelway mobile luggage storage is a new generation of luggage storage that offers more than just a way to leave your bags. Eelway service enables you to enjoy each moment in Paris without carrying your baggage. You don’t have to go back to your hotel, to the airport or the train station… to the place you left your luggage… Your luggage is delivered WHERE you want & WHEN you need. Moreover, you can leave any type of luggage. The price is the same regardless of weight or size. If you want to know more about their services, rendez-vous to Eelway.