Hotels in Paris
Paris hotels : Get tips from a local company to find the greatest hotel for your stay without hassles according to your expectations and budget. Somewhere in Paris is that suitable find with a great style, great services, soundproofed rooms, and pressed linen sheets in a historical district, just a few steps from a cozy café and an efficient Métro station.
Paris hotels location
One of the most important criteria is the hotel location. We can split Paris into the left bank and the right bank of the Seine river with its 20 districts. Choose a hotel according what you want to visit in Paris.
There is a quick view of what each district has to offer :
Attribution: “Plan: 2005 J.M. Schomburg”
The Right Bank
- 1st & 2nd district : Louvre Museum – Palais Royal – Châtelet Les Halles
- 3rd & 4th district : Cathedral of Notre Dame – Le Marais – Centre Pompidou
- 8th, 16th & 17th district : Champs-Élysées – Madeleine – Trocadéro – Bois de Boulogne
- 9th & 18th district : Opéra Garnier – Haussmann – Montmartre – Pigalle
- 10th & 11th district : Place de la République – Bastille – Canal Saint Martin
- 12th, 19th & 20th district : Bercy – Buttes-Chaumont – La Villette – Bois de Vincennes
The Left Bank
- 5th & 6th district : Panthéon – Latin Quarter – Saint-Germain – Jardin du Luxembourg
- 7th & 15th district : The Eiffel Tower – Les Invalides – Musée d’Orsay – Champ de Mars
- 13th & 14th district : Place d’Italie – La Butte aux Cailles – Montparnasse – Parc Montsouris
There’s life outside of the Left Bank. Many travelers think they have to stay there, and are comfortable surrounded by lots of tourists and English-speakers. But other neighborhoods in Paris are great to explore and staying in one gives you a better sense of the Parisian life.
The more you get into the epicenter of Paris, the more hotels will be expensive. The South of Paris (13th, 14th) doesn’t have lots of major landmarks, this is why the hotels are more affordable than in other districts.
The Palace of Versailles, South of Paris, and Disneyland Paris, East of Paris, are one hour away from Paris by train. You need 2 hours for a round trip from Paris Hotels.
Average prices for Paris hotels
3-star hotels are highly recommended. Those hotels offer very good options. They are in the mid-range so around 200 Euros a night with breakfast, in a nice location, center of Paris.
Prices can run from 35 Euros a night up to 15,000 Euros at 5-star hotels
Rates can vary wildly, depending on the season and the availability and sometimes can be negotiated.
PARIS BY EMY can negotiate for you directly with the hotel. We offer a 3 lodging recommendations service. Each accommodation is carefully reviewed by PARIS BY EMY who will have visited each of the 3 proposals.
- The recommendations are provided in PDF, sent by email. We exchange regarding your choice with advices from a French parisienne company which has not signed particular agreements with any hotels.
- PARIS BY EMY does not take any commission on your choice of accommodation and leaves you the responsibility of booking on the one hand and settling your accommodation on the other hand.
- You have the possibility to ask PARIS BY EMY to book your hotel for you with a commission/fee
From your hotel location, we set an itinerary with a private guide and hotel pick up. The opposite is true. We recommend lodging according to your aspirations and profile. Ask for a Roadmap, tailor-made and easy to read on smartphone if you want to be on your own. Moreover, you have the possibilities to ask for online assistance and more services according to your aspirations.
Custom Made Services by PARIS BY EMY
|Prices depend on the number of people in each Paris Tour Package and Private Tour Guide|
|Unlimited exchanges to plan your trip according to your budget and aspirations|
|Airport hotel transfer with private chauffeur|
|3 accommodation recommendations, verified by PARIS BY EMY, according to your criteria|
|Personalized trip via 10 themes such as Parisian Icons, Sightseeing, Landmarks, Sacred Places...|
|Private Tour Guide Paris in English for 1/2 Day(s), full Day(s), Evening(s)|
|Private Tour Guide Paris in English with a private chauffeur|
|Michelin Star Restaurants, French Parisian Gastronomy Tour|
|Private Parisian Shopping tour according to your taste and budget|
|Parisian social events, exhibitions, festivals recommendations, according to your profile|
|“The Roadmap”, an itinerary, tailor-made, easy to read on smartphone|
|Permanent online Assistance during your visit for any questions|
|Assistance 24/7 in case of emergency|
|Recommendations for any type of services, suppliers and activities in Paris|
|Special Event organization such as anniversary, marriage proposal, honey moon|
|Reservation made for hotel, airport chauffeur, restaurant, concert, opera, …|
|Skip the line entrance ticket for museums and landmarks|
|And more if you need more !|
Paris hotels tips & hints
- You get what you pay for. Any hotel under 100€ per night is likely to give you the minimum
- Ask for a hotel in Paris having free Wi-Fi. It does pay to ask when reserving if that is a concern
- In general, rooms on the inside are far quieter than rooms overlooking the street
- Don’t judge a hotel by the lobby. Many places have a gorgeous lobby, which can be deceiving
- Hotels pay taxes based on how many stars they have. Five-stars hotels is the highest
- Print out and bring your confirmation just in case
- Does the hotel have an elevator which is something to consider if you pack ‘American-style’
- If you like your hotel, befriend. They’ll remember you and you’ll get better treatment each time
- Most of the time, breakfast is extra; it may be expensive. Better have breakfast in a typical café
- Air-conditioning in France is not like American air-conditioning and can be weaker
Paris offers many possibilities according to each budget. There are more than 75,000 hotel rooms in the city of lights, a large proportion of small and privately owned hotels.
Travelers can rely on the universally used 5-star rating system, which judges features such as room and lobby size. A passable single room at 1-star hotel with a shared shower and toilet runs 35 euros (about $47) a night; grand suites at 5-star hotels go for 15,000 euros ($20,400).
Paris hotels recommendations
With more than 1 500 hotels, this is one of the most difficult part. With our help, it becomes easy. You have the choice among 3 proposals hotels, aparthotels, collective accommodations, according to your criteria and budget, such as price per night, number of stars, location,… All proposals hotels are regulated in France.