Paris a safe city to discover day & night
Paris travel warnings : Like in every big city in the world, you need to make be careful. However, Paris is statistically one of the safest major metropolitan areas in Europe. Just follow these basic Paris safety tips.
COVID-19 alert – March 16th 2020, the President of the French Republic Emmanuel Macron has announced strict rules to fight the spread of the virus and save lives. For at least 2 weeks, outings are authorized with certificate and only for work, if there is no possibility of teleworking, only for our health appointments or for groceries.Paris the City of Lights has closed down museums, restaurants, cafes, cinemas… to fight the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Markets and food shops, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, certain stores will remain open. In agreement with all the bishops of Ile-de-France, the Sunday masses in the presence of the faithful will be suspended for a time yet to be defined. Churches will remain open to the prayers of Christians. Paris Travel Warnings – No traveling within Europe and abroad are authorized. Frontiers are closed.
- To you, who save lives every day
- To you, who go to work to allow life to go on
- To you, who stay at home to limit the spread of the virus
- Thank you ! Merci ! Together, let’s work together against the coronavirus
April 2020 : Regarding France, strict rules to fight the spread of the virus and save lives are still on : outings are authorized with certificate and only for work, health appointments or for groceries. No traveling and museums, restaurants… are still closed. There are basic rules and habits during this crisis :
- Wear a mask and gloves when you go outside if possible
- Do not touch your face and wash your hands after going outside
- Use this time to do some heavy duty for business and personal life
- Think about professional and personal projects for the future
- Allow yourself time for relaxing and doing things that make you happy
- Learn, read, lots of app and websites offer (new) things to do
- Cherish your dear ones and demonstrate empathy and caring
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water, specially hot water (tea, infusion)
- Exercise a little bit every day to bring oxygen and maintain your tone
- Keep positive thoughts about the situation and don’t fall into fear or anxiety
- WE WILL SURVIVE !
Rules for Grocery Shopping During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Wear a mask and gloves if possible and bring your own bags
- Do not spend too much time in the store
- Go to the store once a week or the minimum
- Don’t buy more than you need
- Keep a safe distance from others
Simple gestures should be adopted which limit the risk of contagion:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Use single-use tissues
- Cough and sneeze into his elbow
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
Hygiene rules at home
- Respect the distance of one meter, even at home
- Regularly clean the surfaces affected by all family members with washing solutions
- Air regularly
- And wash your hands regularly
Do not take anti inflammatory and do not do self medication
Paris travel warnings in addition to our services
In addition to our permanent assistance 24/7 and in case of emergency, there are below insights of how to behave as a traveler in Paris. Ask for our custom made services if you want to be cosseted.
The Police Force is highly-effective in making Paris a safe place. Be careful, there are a lot of scammers and con-artists trying to take advantage of tourists, around major landmarks in Paris. They are trying to sell you a portrait or items. Be aware of fake petitions by groups of teenagers or trying to distract you; and people offering help with your luggage. As a top touristic destination, there is a high pickpocket risk in Paris. A few simple precautions will minimize your chances of being pickpocketed. You can touring, walking around in safety, day and night. You can wander in almost every district with a very low risk of mugging. Paris, a secure city to be around, day & night, is welcoming over 30 million tourists every year.
Moreover, you may look for a travel insurance to cover you from those risks.
- Police emergency 17
- Fire brigade 18
- Emergency Ambulance Service (SAMU) 15
- Your Embassy in Paris
Paris travel warnings list
- Do not leave your luggages unattended in transport
- Remember to photocopy your identity papers and leave them at your hotel
- Do not handle bundles of money in public
- Take a minimum of cash with you
- Do not store your wallet, phone in an outside pocket
- Prefer a bag worn over the shoulder
- Do not put your wallet, phone on a coffee or restaurant table
- Be careful with some cabarets, especially in Pigalle, where you will be imposed unwanted females presence and to consume drinks at very high prices
- Prefer institutions that do not reach customers in the street and display their prices outside & inside the room
- All prices must be displayed inclusive of VAT
- Buy your tickets (show, transport, …) from professional resellers
- Beware of fake petitions where you are asked for money
Paris Travel Warnings Just in case of …
- For urgent consultations in English
Many practitioners at the American Hospital, the Institut Franco-Britannique and the Hôpital Foch are perfectly bilingual. It is also possible to contact SOS Médecins France on +33 (0) 1 47 07 77 77: operators will direct you, when possible, to an English-speaking doctor.
- Urgences Médico-Judiciaires (Medical-Judicial Emergencies)
Open 7/7, 24 hours a day
1, place du Parvis Notre-Dame – 75004 Paris
Métro Cité – ligne 4, or Saint-Michel Notre-Dame – RER B
Telephone +33 1 42 34 82 85/29
- Paris Aide aux Victimes (doctor, counseling, lawyer)
Antenne Sud from 9 am to 5 pm only with appointment
From Monday to Friday Telephone : +33 1 45 88 18 00
12-14 rue Charles Fourier 75013 Paris, Métro Tolbiac – ligne 7
- Paris Aide aux Victimes (doctor, counseling, lawyer)
Antenne Nord from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm only with appointment
From Monday to Friday – Telephone : +33 1 53 06 83 50
22 rue Jacques Kellner 75017 Paris, Métro Porte de Saint Ouen – ligne 13
- 1 central police office for each arrondissement/district open 7/7, 24 hours a day
The mission of the “Préfecture de Police” is to maintain law and order, to enforce traffic regulations, supervise Paris taxis, and to ensure the security of the general public and their property.
Each “commissariat” or police station is responsible for the security of their arrondissement. Victims of a break-in or an attack, police headquarters are at your disposal 24hrs a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance. Local police units open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm are responsible for community policing.
Information about staying safe in Paris are good to know just in case of. Enjoy your trip anyhow !
Luggage Storage Paris
You would like to enjoy your last day of Paris without caring your luggages and without having to go back to the place you left them. Eelway has done their best to give you different ways to store your baggages in Paris with its luggage concierge service.
Eelway mobile luggage storage is a new generation of luggage storage that offers more than just a way to leave your bags. Eelway service enables you to enjoy each moment in Paris without carrying your baggage. You don’t have to go back to your hotel, to the airport or the train station… to the place you left your luggage… Your luggage is delivered WHERE you want & WHEN you need. Moreover, you can leave any type of luggage. The price is the same regardless of weight or size. If you want to know more about their services, rendez-vous to Eelway.
Custom Made Services by PARIS BY EMY
|Prices depend on the number of people in each Paris Tour Package and Private Tour Guide|
|Unlimited exchanges to plan your trip according to your budget and aspirations|
|“The Roadmap”, an itinerary, tailor-made, for each day of your trip|
|Personalized trip via 10 themes such as Parisian Icons, French Cuisine, Landmarks, Sacred Places...|
|Recommendations for any type of services, suppliers and activities in Paris|
|Special Event organization such as anniversary, marriage proposal, honey moon|
|3 accommodation recommendations, verified by PARIS BY EMY according to your criteria|
|Airport hotel transfer with private chauffeur at your disposal|
|Private Tour Guide Paris in English for 1/2 Day(s), full Day(s), Evening(s)|
|Private Tour Guide Paris in English with a private chauffeur|
|Parisian social events, exhibitions, festivals recommendations according to your profile|
|Permanent online assistance during your visit for any questions or requests|
|Assistance 24/7 in case of emergency and of little problems|
|Reservation made for hotel, airport chauffeur, restaurant, concert, opera, …|
|Skip the line entrance ticket for museums and landmarks|
|And more if you need more !|