Have an “Untouchables French movie” Tour
The untouchables French movie : Intouchables is a French film directed by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano, released in 2011. The story is inspired by the life of Philippe Pozzo di Borgo (author of the book Le Second Souffle in 2001), quadriplegic since 1993, and his relationship with Abdel Yasmin Sellou, his home help, whose roles are held respectively by the actors François Cluzet and Omar Sy. 5% of the profits made by the film are donated to an association for paralyzed people, Simon de Cyrène, founded by Laurent de Cherisey. Discover where Philippe and Abdel go in Paris with our tailor made private tour guide.
The untouchables French movie about a true story
In 2012, it became the most widely viewed French-language film abroad, thus dethroning Amélie Poulain’s Le Fabuleux Destin, which had held the title for nearly 10 years. The Untouchables also became the most viewed film of 2012 in the European Union, ahead of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. The film tells the story of the relationship between 2 men from totally different backgrounds : Driss, a man of Senegalese origin living in the Paris suburbs, who has just served a six-month prison sentence for robbing a jewelry store, and Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, who hired him to take care of him, although he has no specific training.
Philippe: “My biggest handicap isn’t being in a wheelchair, it’s being without her.”
So let’s take The untouchables French movie in Paris – inspired tour :
- The beautiful mansion in which Philippe resides, the hotel d’Avaray has housed the Dutch embassy since 1920
- Léopold-Sédar-Senghor footbridge, where Driss and his employer will try out the new configuration of his wheelchair
- Grand Foyer du Théâtre de Chaillot “No arms, no chocolate !” Driss’s reply when Philippe wants M & M’s®
- Boucheron jewelry store was the first to set up on Place Vendôme in 1893, that Driss chose earrings for Philippe
- National Theater of the Opéra Comique When Driss accompanies Philippe to the Opera
- Le Nemours first date missed meeting between Philippe and Éléonore (Dorothée Brière-Meritte)
- After Philippe’s panic attack, Driss takes him for a morning walk. They then settle in the café Les Deux Magots
Café Les Deux Magots